They coulda been the next Nirvana! Where You Been was the 5th album by Dinosaur Jr., originally released in 1993 at the commercial height of the Grunge era. This record was the band's most successful up to this point, featuring a fresh lineup of J. Mascis with longtime drummer Murph and new bassist Mike Johnson. Includes live staples and fan favorites including "Start Choppin'", "What Else Is New?" "Get Me", and the Neil Young vibes of "Not The Same". Closing track "Goin' Home" neatly sums up this point of the band's career, capturing the feeling that while this album was a "major" success, they'd return to the indie world sooner than later. Includes live tracks, b-sides, and Peel Sessions from the era. Deluxe gatefold packaging includes detailed liner notes based on contemporary interviews.
- blue colored double vinyl pressing
- printed inner sleeve with in-depth liner notes from Mojo's Keith Cameron (based on recent and exclusive interviews with J. Mascis)
- limited edition
- tracklist: 01. Out There 02. Start Choppin' 03. What Else Is New 04. On the Way 05. Not The Same 06. Get Me 07. Drawerings 08.Hide 09. Goin' Home 10. I Ain't Sayin 11. Hot Burrito #2 12. Quest (Acoustic) 13. Turnip Farm 14. Forget It 15. Keeblin 16. Get Me (Peel Session) 17. Keeblin' (Peel Session) 18. Hide (Peel Session) 19. Missing Link (With Del The Funky Homosapien)
- also available: Dinosaur Jr.: Green Mind - Deluxe Expanded Edition (Colored Vinyl) Vinyl 2LP, Dinosaur Jr.: Without A Sound - Deluxe Expanded Edition (Colored Vinyl) Vinyl 2LP, Dinosaur Jr.: Hand It Over - Deluxe Expanded Edition (Colored Vinyl) Vinyl 2LP
- music label: Cherry Red 2019
reviewed by MAIN STREET RECORDS 08/2019
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.