Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late February 2020 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
The terms “highly anticipated” “long awaited”, et cetera have been quite overused in recent times, but c’mon, it has been four whole years. Grimes returns to 4AD with Miss Anthropocene, a concept album about a character she described in an instagram post as “the anthropomorphic Goddess of climate Change: A psychedelic, space-dwelling demon/ beauty-Queen who relishes the end of the world.” She further explains that each song on the album is “a different embodiment of human extinction as depicted through a Pop star Demonology.” The album features collaborations with 潘PAN and i_o, and follows the release of acclaimed digital singles such as We Appreciate Power. Lead single “Violence” is a moody goth-pop banger anchored by her now iconic vocals, massively maximalist but maintaining a charmingly rough edge. “So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth” calls to mind the naive, less hook-driven compositions of earlier albums such as Halifaxa, a slow-burning slice of ethereal bubblegum. This album is pressed on indie exclusive pink colored vinyl and is packaged in a gatefold sleeve sporting artwork by Grimes herself.
- indie exclusive pink colored vinyl pressing
- release date: 02/21/20
- tracklist: 01 So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth (Art Mix) 02 Darkseid (Grimes & 潘PAN) 03 Delete Forever 04 Violence (Grimes & i_o) 05 4ÆM 06 New Gods 07 My Name is Dark 08 You’ll miss me when I’m not around 09 Before the fever 10 IDORU
- music label: 4AD 2019
reviewed by LOTTE BIKKURIMAN 11/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.