Firstly, this is another classic Blue Note cover. The piano takes on a sculptural quality which interacts beautifully with right-justified type (you don't see many Blue Notes with R.J.T.). This release itself is from 1963 and catches Herbie in his traditional bop period. Players include Grant Green, Donald Byrd, Anthony Williams and others. 5 tracks in all.
- 180g black vinyl pressing
- housed in glossy tip-on sleeve
- part of Blue Note's Tone Poet 180g audiophile remaster series
- all-analog remaster cut from the original tapes
- featuring Herbie Hancock (p), Donald Byrd (t), Hank Mobley (t. sax), Grachan Moncur III (trombone), Chuck Israels (b), Anthony Williams (d)
- music label: Blue Note Records 2020
reviewed by the mgmnt 03/2009
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.