Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Early October 2020 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
"UK electronic artpop outfit Hot Chip provide the perfect antidote to these strange and uncertain times with the latest release in the hugely popular LateNightTales artist-curated series. Along with featuring new music from the band, they have selected music from some of the most engaging artists of the 21st century, taking in pulsating electronic rhythms, hypnotic grooves and leftfield ambience. Hot Chip’s LateNightTales opens with the simplistic beauty of Christina Vantzou’s ‘At Dawn,’ before morphing in to the first of four exclusive tracks from the band - the floating, transcendent ‘Nothing’s Changed’, before Rhythm & Sound ft. Cornell Campbell serve up the heavy dub classic, ‘King In My Empire’. The journey continues with Pale Blue’s ‘Have You Passed Through This Night’, a silky, cold wave disco track, while Suzanne Kraft’s ‘Femme Cosmic’ and Fever Ray’s ‘To The Moon and Back’ provide squelchy synth-pop. Furthermore, the punchy ‘Much To Touch’ from Bolton-born, Berlin based producer Planningtorock and an ethereal cover of Velvet Underground’s ‘Candy Says’ by our hosts add an element of displacement and detachment. Elsewhere, other highlights include an appearance from synth- pop auteur Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith with ‘Who I Am & Why I Am Where’ and new material from Alexis’ ‘other’ band, the improv-mavens About Group, along with the adventurous ‘Workaround Two’ from electronic experimentalist Beatrice Dillon and German composer, Nils Frahm’s beautifully evocative ‘Ode’. But it is left to Alexis’ father to have the final word, with an elegant excerpt from the daring ‘Finnegans Wake’ by James Joyce." - Late Night Tales
- 180g black vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- full color 30cm art print
- includes download code for both mixed + unmixed versions
- release date: 10/02/2020
- tracklist: 01 Christina Vantzou - At Dawn 02 Hot Chip - Nothing's Changed (exclusive) 03 Rhythm & Sound ft Cornell Campbell - King In My Empire 04 Pale Blue - Have You Passed Through This Night B 05 Suzanne Kraft - Femme Cosmic 06 Fever Ray - To The Moon And Back 07 PlanningToRock - Much To Touch 08 Charlotte Adigery - 1,618 C 09 Mike Salta - Hey Moloko 10 Matthew Bourne - Somewhere I Have Never Travelled 11 Hot Chip - Candy Says (exclusive) 12 Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Who I Am & Why I Am Where 14 Beatrice Dillon - Workaround Two D 15 Hot Chip - Worlds Within Worlds (exclusive) 16 Daniel Blumberg - The Bomb 17 Nils Frahm - Ode 18 Hot Chip - None Of These Things (exclusive) 19 Neil Taylor - Finnegan's Wake excerpt (exclusive)
- music label: Late Night Tales 2020
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.