"Celebrating 60 years of Impulse Records. Orange and black. Fire and ebony. Fury and pride. Wearing its signature colors proudly and raising its exclamation point high, Impulse! was the go-to label for music that harnessed the searching and political stand-taking of the Sixties. Launched in 1961, Impulse grew to become an inherent part of the era’s velocity as well as its volume, pulling jazz into the age of Black Power, Afrocentricity, and Spiritual Expansion. In its balance of tradition and transition, it bridged the golden age of jazz, that brief window from the late Fifties to the Seventies when players representing every jazz era were alive and active—from Louis Armstrong to Albert Ayler, from the legends of lore to a new generation of energy players. A Deluxe 4-LP Box Set with tracks by John Coltrane, Quincy Jones, Charles Mingus, Oliver Nelson, Pharoah Sanders, Archie Shepp and other legendary Impulse Artists. This release includes liner notes by Greg Tate and A.B. Spellman. The LP box is housed in a high-quality archival portfolio cast with a museum drop front, includes a magazine style booklet featuring original impulse! ads and artist photos, as well as an impulse! vinyl slip mat." - Impulse!
- includes tracks from John & Alice Coltrane, Charles Mingus, Oliver Nelson, Pharoah Sanders, Archie Shepp + more from the catalog of iconic jazz label Impulse!
- black 4xLP vinyl pressing
- includes Impulse! slipmat and booklet containing extensive liner notes, artist photos + archival Impulse! advertisements
- housed in high-quality archival portfolio case w/ museum drop front
- individually numbered
- limited edition
- music label: Impulse! 2021