Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to Mid June 2019 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
James Blake has made some new friends while keeping one foot firmly in the underground. With a truly impressive list of production credits over the last few years (Kendrick, Beyonce, Vince Staples...), it’s clear that the world has caught up to his downcast dubstep-inspired style. The shared DNA of electropop and hip hop has been discussed to death, but Assume Form sees Blake finding new points of both comparison and contrast, technicolor pop flourishes brightening his typically dreary work. “Into The Red” sports Yeezus-style vocoder, and “Mile High” has a ruthless Hot 97 kickdrum supplied by Metro Boomin'. "Tell Them" is a moody duet featuring plucked strings and heavenly falsetto vocals by Moses Sumney, while "Don't Miss It" sees Blake oh so alone again, save for his piano. Travis Scott hooks it up on Mile High, and Andre 3000 rips through a double-time freestyle on "Where's The Catch?". This LP comes pressed on double black vinyl.
- double black vinyl pressing
- digital download included
- release date: 06/14/19
- tracklist: 01. Assume Form 02. Mile High (feat. Travis Scott and Metro Boomin) 03. Tell Them (feat. Moses Sumney and Metro Boomin) 04. Into the Red 05. Barefoot in the Park (feat. Rosalía) 06. Can’t Believe the Way We Flow 07. Are You In Love? 08. Where’s the Catch? (feat. André 3000) 09. I’ll Come Too 10. Power On 11. Don’t Miss It 12. Lullaby For My Insomniac
- music label: Republic Records 2019
reviewed by M CK Y 04/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.