"Limited eight vinyl LP set. This collection celebrates the 60th anniversary of jazz pioneer John Coltrane's 1958 recordings for New York based indie jazz label Prestige Records, presented in a complete chronological sequence. The duration of time covered on this box set may be one calendar year, but the rate at which Coltrane's musical abilities grew-as well as his fanbase-is remarkable. These 37 tracks serve an inspiring listening session revealing all aspects of Coltrane's approach that year. This set comes in a lavish, linen-wrapped, portfolio-style book that includes 40 pages containing extensive liner notes by jazz historian Ashley Kahn, rare ephemera and historical photographs of the saxophonist and his collaborators, including several taken by renowned jazz photographers Francis Wolff and Esmond Edwards." - Craft Recordings
- 8x 180g black vinyl pressing
- chronological recordings from Coltrane's prolific period signed to Prestige Records
- remastered from the original analog tapes
- housed in linen-wrapped book-bound cover w/ 40 pages of liner notes, photos + rare ephemera
- limited edition
- music label: Craft Recordings 2019
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.