John Coltrane's output for Atlantic Records fully remastered in mono! It's no question that the albums recorded by the legendary saxophonist in 1959 and 1960 represent the heart of his legacy. The albums featured here contain some of his most innovative hard bop and post bop work. This boxset includes Giant Steps (1960), Bags & Trane (1961) with Milt Jackson, Ole Coltrane (1962), Coltrane Plays The Blues (1962), and The Avant Garde (1966) and with Don Cherry. The sixth LP features outtakes, and a replica of the original 7" single of "My Favorite Things Part I & II," a hit for Coltrane in 1961, is also included. Thirty-three tracks in all. Released by Atlantic on 180 gram vinyl housed in a cloth bound box with a thirty-two page booklet.
- fully remastered in mono from the original tapes
- six LP 180 gram pressing
- replica of the original "My Favorite Things Part I & II" 7" single
- 32 page booklet with photos and liner notes
- cloth bound box with original artwork
- music label: Atlantic 2016
reviewed by Cool Hand 06/2016
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.