"Light in the Attic’s Pacific Breeze series has supplied the world’s growing legions of Japanese music fans with an expertly curated selection of the most sought-after City Pop recordings—the mesmerizing and nebulous genre of Japanese bubble-era music of the ‘70s-’80s that encompasses AOR, R&B, jazz fusion, funk, boogie and disco. Pacific Breeze 3: Japanese City Pop, AOR & Boogie 1975-1987 marks the latest chapter in the famed series and features holy grails plus under-the-radar rarities. The appearance of Pizzicato Five hint at the emergence of Shibuya-kei while the influence of hip hop and electro as an emerging global trend are also evident here through the prevalence of heavier programmed drum beats on tracks such as 'Heartbeat' by Miho Fujiwara. This volume of Pacific Breeze, like its predecessors, is a female-forward offering with many tracks being voiced by women who would become household names in Japan as actresses and pop idols. Techno-pop classics from Susan, Miharu Koshi and Chiemi Manabe sit alongside sublime funk from Atsuko Nina and Naomi Akimoto while Teresa Noda slides into the mix with a sultry reggae jam. The genre span is stretched wider with hypnotic jazz fusion by Parachute and Hiroyuki Namba, a synthesizer fantasy from Osamu Shoji, and magnetic pop by Makoto Matsushita and Chu Kosaka." - Light In The Attic
- Turntable Lab exclusive
- 'blue ocean wave' colored double vinyl pressing
- remastered audio
- custom die-cut obi strip
- full color printed inner sleeves
- extensive liner notes + artist bios
- limited edition of 1000
- music label: Light In The Attic 2022
- TTL Editions 106
Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else). Adding non-pre-order items will possibly delay your order.
- Orders containing multiple / separate pre-order items will be held until all pre-order items are in stock and shipped at once.
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly.
- All vinyl pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers.