Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late September 2019 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
"At first there was this vivid memory of Dungeons and Dragons, this childhood sensation of living in an imaginary world set in a faraway past or a lost future. I wanted to create some music that could be part of this adventure and journey with all of its solitary knights, dreamy landscapes, strange animals, forgotten myths and old spells.
Originally, the Digital Shades project was supposed to be much more intimate – a collection of B-sides and unused tracks destined for the hardcore fan base. Digital Shades was the name chosen to dissociate it from a proper studio album, although it would be fully part of M83’s discography. Digital Shades became an excuse to give a second life to some tracks instead of letting them disappear into the void. I wanted to create a production of ambient music that could evolve throughout the years. With Vol. 2, I wanted to come back with something stronger that featured the depth of a proper studio album without the pressure of providing pop music – faraway from Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming and Junk.
The inspiration behind this record is mainly video game music. It felt so refreshing to play all of these old school games again. I wanted to be surrounded by nature and the past. I would only feed myself with older art. It’s almost as if I couldn’t stand living in the present. This is probably why it was important for me to only use analog equipment for this record. We recorded everything with vintage equipment in my studio and at Justin Meldal-Johnsen’s (Beck, NIN, Air) studio in Glendale, California during final production." - Anthony Gonzalez
- "pink galaxy" colored vinyl (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- digital download included
- limited edition
- release date: 09/20/19
- tracklist: 01. Hell Riders 02. A Bit of Sweetness 03. Goodbye Captain Lee 04. Colonies 05. Meet The Friends 06. Feelings 07. A Word of Wisdom 08. Lune De Fiel 09. Jeux D’Enfants 10. A Taste of the Dusk 11. Lunar Son 12. Oh Yes You’re There, Everyday 13. Mirage 14. Taifun Glory 15. Temple of Sorrow
- music label: Mute 2019
reviewed by SANGLE DE GUITARE ÉCLAIR 07/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.