Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late March 2019 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
"You're the Man" was the first single to the would-be follow-up to What's Going On, You're the Man, but the titular track's mediocre performance lead the Marvin Gaye to shelve the entire project in 1972. Recorded in Detroit and Los Angeles during a particularly prolific creative period for Gaye (he also produced it), the fabled LP is finally being released, and although the songs from the sessions have appeared on various formats, this is the first time they are available as a whole album as intended by the artist. In addition, 15 of the 17 tracks are available on vinyl for the first time, and the record will be accompanied by liner notes from gaye biographer, David Ritz, who writes that You're The Man is "Gaye's deeply personal internal conflict as a source of creative vigor and emotional burden as he experienced What's going On's massive success and all that came with it."
- release date: 03/29/19
- tracklist: 1. You're The Man 2. The World Is Rated X 3. Piece of Clay 4. Where Are We Going? 5. I'm Gonna Give You Respect 6. Try It, You'll Like It 7. You Are That Special One 8. We Can Make It Baby 9. My Last Chance (Salam Remi mix) 10. Symphony (Salam Remi mix) 11. I'd Give My Life For You (Salam Remi mix) 12. Woman of the World 13. Christmas In the City (instrumental) 14. You're The Man" (version 2) 15. I Want to Come Home For Christmas 16. I'm Going Home (Move) 17. Checking Out (Double Clutch)
- music label: Motown 2019
reviewed by pocari papi 02/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.