First new music from Midori Takada in almost 20 years! On Le Renard Bleu, the Japanese composer responsible for Through The Looking Glass teams up with Lafawndah (Warp Records) to bring her timeless ambient percussion fusion into the 21st century. The two musicians cross the generational gap and recount the ancient Japanese myth of the blue fox through Takada's vivid instrumental composition (played on waterphone, bells, marimba, and various forms of drums) and Lafawndah’s entrancing vocal melodies. This special collaborative performance also included a visual element from film maker and director Partel Oliva, and was created in partnership with KENZO for their Spring-Summer 2018 collection. Includes the full 20+ minute piece on black vinyl, complete with pic sleeve and printed insert.
- musical collaboration btw. composer Midori Takada & Lafawndah
- first new music from Takada in almost 20 years
- 20+ minute track/project on single vinyl LP
- created in partnership w/ film maker Partel Oliva + KENZO
- concept originated in Takada's preoccupation with the ancient Japanese myth of the blue fox
- music label: Midori Takada & Lafawndah In Association !K7 2018
reviewed by Hana Ni Mizu 08/2018