Landmark release from Miles Davis on Blue Note. Originally released in 1956, Davis' Volume 1 was the first in Blue Note's 1500 series of 12" vinyl recordings, arguably the most important series in American jazz LPs. This particular album features songs previously released on 10" format from 1952's Young Man With A Horn and 1953's Miles Davis: Volume 2, along with alternate masters of selected tracks. Presented here in remastered mono sound, as part of Blue Note's Classic Vinyl series. Recommended.
- 180g black vinyl pressing
- mono sound
- all-analog remaster cut from the original tapes
- featuring Miles Davis (t), Jackie McLean (a. sax), Jimmy Heath (t. sax), Jay Jay Johnson (trombone), Horace Silver (p), Gil Coggins (p), Percy Heath (b), Oscar Pettiford (b), Art Blakey (d), Kenny Clarke (d)
- original release year: 1956
- music label: Blue Note Records 2023
reviewed by Soft Brush 08/2015