Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late June 2019 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
Long out of print album for lovers of plants and synthesizers finally reissued! Originally released in 1976, Mort Garson's Mother Earth's Plantasia has been labeled "warm earth music for plants . . . and the people who love them" and has gained a cult following in recent years despite its long-standing rare status. Built from Garson's warm Moog melodies, the album runs the gamut of moods, from charming and serene, haunting and sinister, to playful and surreal - the perfect soundtrack to hanging out (stoned or not) with your photosynthesizing pals. Garson rose to prominence as a composer, bandleader and songwriter of rock singles in the late 1950's before becoming an early adopter of the Moog synthesizer (he actually soundtracked the 1969 moon landing with it). Plantasia feels like the culmination of his work as a composer and arranger, or at the very least, his most timeless and memorable. This is the first official repress of the album, and comes pressed on apropos green colored vinyl, complete with full reproduction booklet, and digital download (printed on plantable seed paper) courtesy of Sacred Bones. Recommended.
"Before Brian Eno did it, Mort Garson was making discreet music." - Sacred Bones
- 1st official reissue of legendary 1976 album
- green colored vinyl pressing
- edition of 3,000
- full reproduction of original booklet w/ new liner notes by Andy Beta
- cover art restored by Robert Beatty
- includes digital download card printed on plantable seed paper
- music label: Sacred Bones 2019
reviewed by nature lover cee 03/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.