I Wanna F You Like An Animal. Nine Inch Nails's sophomore effort now on 180 gram double vinyl with fully remastered sound for the Definitive Edition series. Originally released in 1994, The Downward Spiral was a shift in style from their synth pop infused debut Pretty Hate Machine. The album was produced by Trent Reznor and Flood, and would fuse industrial, techno, heavy metal, while taking influence from the space and texture of late 70's rock epics such as David Bowie's Low and Pink Floyd's The Wall. The result is dark, abrasive, and powerful and would prove to be a huge success for NIN (despite media controversy over objectionable content). Includes the hits "Closer," "Hurt," and "Piggy," as well as "March Of The Pigs," "Ruiner," and more. 14 tracks in all, housed in gatefold sleeve complete with remastered artwork and booklet.
- 180g black double vinyl pressing
- remastered from the original master tapes
- housed in gatefold jacket w/ printed inner sleeves
- includes liner note booklet
- original release year: 1994
- music label: Nothing Records 2017
reviewed by A.B.E. 11/2015