Good Weather! Good Sounds! Summer Breeze is Piper’s second album, originally released in 1983 on Yupiteru. Inspired by the sounds of Masayoshi Takanaka and Tatsuro Yamashita, as well as the concept of “BGM” (background music) championed by YMO, Summer Breeze was a conscious about face from their debut to create a new signature sound and become masters of summery resort vibes. Its smooth sounds belie the bevy of experimentation utilized on the recording, from vocoders and drum programming to recording guitars direct through the board. Even the iconic cover art, with the surfer wearing an impossibly short crop top, is deceiving in its simplicity – it was one of the most expensive jackets produced by the label at the time, due to its use of special spot colors and custom handlettering.
- 1st ever reissue of 1983 Japanese City Pop classic
- light pink LITA exclusive colored vinyl
- includes 24x24" fold out poster + scented card
- limited edition
- original release year: 1983
- music label: Ship To Shore Phonograph Co. 2019