- adds convenience to manual turntables by automatically raising tonearm at the end of the record
- extends stylus life
- easy installation, no tools required!
- can be configured to work with a variety of tonearms and turntables
- only interacts with tonearm at end of record, does not affect sound quality
The Q Up Automatic Tonearm Lifter makes sure you never have to waking up to the sound of a scraping needle at the end of a record (or worse, on the label of a record!) ever again. This ingenious device adds convenience to manual turntables by automatically raising tonearm at the end of the record, and in doing so, also extends the life of your stylus. The Q Up can be easily installed in minutes without any extra tools and is designed to fit most manual turntables. Since the Q Up is based upon a trigger and lift design, it can work with either classic or contemporary turntable / tonearm combinations and a variety of tonearm heights, thicknesses and shapes. The Q Up only interacts with the tonearm at the end of record and does NOT affect the tonal quality of your sound system in any way.
- your turntable must have a pivot type tonearm (any turntable where you can lift and pivot the tonearm to a specific point on the platter) and NOT linear tracking
- you will need 14mm of space between the tonearm and the platter. slightly less if you are setting up the lifter without the base unit.
- the minimum height between the turntable surface and the tonearm when playing a record must be 36mm if you are using the base unit, OR 34mm if you are setting it up without the base unit.
- "the Q Up is NOT compatible with DJ style turntables like the Technics 1200, Audio-Technica and Stantons. there is no space between the platter and the tonearm to mount the lifter."
- 3x Q Up height platforms for thicker platters