"Document" is R.E.M.'s tribute to the work ethic. A snapshot in time, a true document-ary, this meticulously-crafted creation pays homage to the group's role as bold experimenter just as it certifies their continuing development in it finely-tooled polish. "We've tried to take our sound, explode the recognizable elements, pick up the pieces and see how well they hammer together," says Stipe. There is a classicism about "Document", reflected in the WPA-styled socialist realist paintings which adorn the album jacket and sleeve, and in the firm commitment to hard work felt in its attention to detail."
- IRS Records Press Release, 1987
- 5th studio album, originally released in 1987. the first of their albums produced by Scott Litt.
- includes "The One I Love" and "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"
- 180g transparent golden vinyl pressing
- includes printed inner sleeve
- limited edition
- also available: R.E.M.: The Best of R.E.M. - In Time 1988-2003 (180g) Vinyl 2LP
- music label: I.R.S. 2019