The cult score for Le Pacha finally pressed up in its entirety. Serge Gainsbourg and Michel Colombier originally composed the tracks for Le Pacha in 1967, and when the Georges Lautner-directed film was released in 1968, it was an instant success. The pairing of Gainsbourg and arranger Colombier was perfect (the two had already had previous success on soundtracks for L'Horizon and Anna), resulting in an incredible soundtrack, including one of Gainsbourg's most iconic tracks, the breaks-laced "Requiem Pour Un Con." Le Pacha was previously only available as a rare and pricey 7" single (featuring only two tracks), but this 2018 pressing from Wewantsounds brings together the full soundtrack, including a previously unreleased instrumental mix of "Requiem Pour Un Con," plus two bonus tracks from another Gainsbourg-composed soundtrack from the time, Mister Freedom. 11 tracks in all with digitally remastered sound, download code included. Recommended.
- 1st ever vinyl pressing of full 1968 soundtrack
- digitally remastered from the original tapes
- includes previously unreleased instrumental mix of "Requiem Pour Un Con"
- two bonus tracks from the 1968 Mister Freedom OST
- printed insert w/ liner notes
- digital download included
- music label: Wewantsounds 2018
reviewed by Gitanes 08/2018