"Flight of the Behemoth is the third album by sunn O))). The band collaborated with legendary Japanese noise artist Merzbow, who mixed tracks 3 and 4. The first ever use of a drum machine on a sunn O))) track is heard on 'F.W.T.B.T.', a deconstructive interpretation of Metallica's 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'. This punisher also features the first ever vocals heard as evoked from the band themselves. Previously only available on vinyl in very small quantities this deluxe version marks the first time the album has been released on vinyl through Southern Lord Recordings. Contains full color 24”x36” folded poster and all this grimness is housed in a glorious case-wrapped gatefold jacket. Also contains the vinyl only bonus track: 'Grimm & Bear It'. Vinyl/metal cut by Matt Colton (Alchemy Mastering) who also cut the vinyl for the band's 2019 releases Life Metal & Pyroclasts." - Southern Lord
- 3rd album from influential drone metal outfit
- black double vinyl pressing
- includes vinyl-only bonus track 'Grimm & Bear It'
- first time on vinyl since 2002
- housed in gatefold jacket w/ printed inner sleeves
- includes giant foldout poster
- music label: Southern Lord 2020