“leaving meaning. is the first Swans album to be released since I dissolved the line up of musicians that constituted Swans from 2010 – 2017. Swans is now comprised of a revolving cast of musicians, selected for both their musical and personal character, chosen according to what I intuit best suits the atmosphere in which I’d like to see the songs I’ve written presented.” Michael Gira returns with his fifteenth studio album and third incarnation of his groundbreaking experimental rock group. They are the longest lasting of the original New York No Wave bands, with records released on Mute Records, Homestead, and Some Bizarre. As was mentioned to in Gira’s statement, Swans has become effectively a solo act, but leaving meaning. features collaborations with organist Anna von Hausswolff, performance artist Baby Dee, experimental composer Ben Frost, and members of folk duo A Hawk and a Hacksaw. “It’s Coming It’s Real” begins with a dusty, nearly Morricone vibe - reverberating drawl, haunting choir, jittery guitar, and delicate keys. Please note that the digital and vinyl versions of this album feature different mixes and edits of the tracks, with the extended digital versions available via the download card. This 2xLP includes a special insert and 18x24 poster.
- black double vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- includes 18x24 poster and special insert
- digital download included, features extended mixes and a bonus track
- limited edition
- release date: 10/25/19
- tracklist: 01. Hums 02. Annaline 03. The Hanging Man 04. Amnesia 05. Leaving Meaning 06. Sunfucker 07. Cathedrals of Heaven 08. The Nub 09. It’s Coming It’s Real 10. What Is This 11. My Phantom Limb
- music label: Young God 2019
reviewed by STEVEO PEARCE 09/2019
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.