Originally released in 1972, Zeit would be Tangerine Dream's third full length album, and the first to feature the main trio of Edgar Froese, Peter Baumann, and Chris Fanke. The German electronic group pioneered the entire dark ambient genre with this work, whose title translates to "time," and was based on the philosophy that "time was in fact motionless and only existed in our own minds." Also worth noting is that Popol Vuh's Florian Fricke plays Moog synthesizer on the first track to connect the krautrock dots. This 2021 pressing comes on one transparent blue colored LP and one clear LP, complete with gatefold sleeve, and original cover artwork featuring a solar eclipse. Limited one-time pressing of 1,000, recommended.
- 3rd full length from influential krautrock group reissued
- blue & clear colored double vinyl pressing
- first album to feature the core trio of Edgar Froese, Peter Baumann + Chris Franke
- housed in gatefold jacket w/ printed inner sleeves + obi strip
- limited edition of 1000
- music label: Culture Factory 2021
reviewed by Der Schlurb 04/2018