Newly remixed 2022 stereo pressing of The Beatles' Revolver. The Beatles' seventh studio album, released in 1966 and produced by George Martin - often considered one of the greatest achievements in recorded music history. Revolver found the Beatles moving from the folk rock-inspired sound of their previous effort Rubber Soul, and further into the realm of electric guitar and effects. It also marks the beginning of the Beatles' psychedelic era, especially with tracks like "Yellow Submarine," "I'm Only Sleeping," "Tomorrow Never Knows," and the sitar-laced "Love You To." This new 2022 edition was mixed from the original master tapes by Giles Martin (George's son) and Sam Okell. Recommended.
- new stereo mix by Giles Martin + Sam Okell
- 180g black vinyl pressing
- mixed directly from the original 4-track master tapes
- original release year: 1966
- music label: Parlophone 2022
reviewed by TKB 02/2013