Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Mid May 2019 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
I Am Easy To Find is a new type of project from The National. 2017’s Sleep Well Beast earned the band their first Grammy, but they were jolted from their laurels by a pitch by director Mike Mills (20th Century Woman). It’s a film that isn’t a music video and music that isn’t a score - Mills describes them as “Playfully hostile siblings that love to steal from each other”. “Light Years” may appear to be a typical National tune, but listen past the sombre piano and you will hear delicate strings lurking in the margins, a harbinger of the orchestral and choir arrangements on nearly every track on the album. First single “You Had Your Soul With You” sees another tweak to the formula as singer Matt Berninger steps aside for Gail Dorsey (David Bowie), one of several female voices featured on the record. This album comes pressed on indie exclusive double clear vinyl.
- 180g clear vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color may differ from mock-up photo)
- release date: 05/17/19
- tracklist: 01. You Had Your Soul With You 02. Quiet Light 03. Roman Holiday 04. Oblivions 05. The Pull of You 06. Hey Rosey 07. I Am Easy to Find 08. Her Father in the Pool 09. Where Is Her Head 10. Not in Kansas 11. So Far So Fast 12. Dust Swirls in Strange Light 13. Hairpin Turns 14. Rylan 15. Underwater 16. Light Years
- music label: 4AD 2019
reviewed by MAD DAD FAD 04/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.