Sophomore solo album from Thom Yorke on deluxe, 180g vinyl! Thom Yorke has done it again. On Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, The Radiohead frontman delivers a series of somber pieces smothered in atmospheric textures, moody piano work, and glitched-out accents. At times the sound recalls moments from Amnesiac or Kid A with its impending feeling of dread, while other times Yorke's falsetto stirs up a strange feeling of hope. The album was originally self-released by Yorke in 2014 on BitTorrent as a "an effective way of handing some control of internet commerce back to people who are creating the work." This is the deluxe vinyl edition that comes on 180 gram white vinyl, packaged in a bespoke anti-static shield bag. Recommended.
- sophomore solo album from Radiohead frontman
- produced by longtime collaborator Nigel Godrich
- pressed onto heavyweight 180g white vinyl
- undersized 75mm centre labels
- housed within heavy white board inner and outer sleeves
- cover art by Stanley Donwood printed with a metallic silver laminate then multi-tone black and a striking neon green; the whole is enclosed in a bespoke anti-static shield bag
- includes digital download card
- music label: Landgrab 2014
reviewed by Lakitu 02/2015
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.