Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late September 2019 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
"This is IGOR. Pronounced EEE-GORE. Don't go into this expecting a rap album. Don't go into this expecting any album." Tyler, the Creator's 5th studio full-length is about Tyler, the producer, Tyler, the singer, and Tyler, the rapper, in that order. A meticulously produced project, his ever-experimental approach births a beautiful, messy mix of r&b, funk, jazz, and rap. The attention to detail is on a different level: "the version you hear is the 9th one, kept going back until it was PERFECT." As such, to fully experience the intricate layers, IGOR requires focus. On the other hand, the arching feel of the LP jumps right out from the opening seconds of "IGOR's THEME." On the surface, Tyler's narrates his vision of love over warm synths, understated-but-pristinely-arranged drums, and pitched-up falsetto. Perfect summer listening. On a deeper level, a complex array of samples, ideas, and textures looms about. Still a provocateur, but Tyler's approach to his craft has shapeshifted tremendously, and IGOR is a proper follow-up to 2017's excellent Flower Boy. Kanye West, Palyboi Carti, Solange, Jerrod Carmichael, Frank Ocean and Lil Uzi Vert make guest appearances, check out "EARFQUAKE," "NEW MAGIC WAND," "RUNNING OUT OF TIME," & "A BOY IS A GUN," but this one is better consumed as a whole!
- release date: 09/27/19
- tracklist: 1. IGOR'S THEME 2. EQARQUAKE 3. I THINK 4. EXACTLY WHAT YOU RUN FROM YOU END UP CHASING 5. RUNNING OUT OF TIME 6. NEW MAGIC WAND 7. A BOY IS A GUN 8. PUPPET 9. WHAT'S GOOD 10. GONE, GONE / THANK YOU 11. I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE 12. ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?
- music label: Columbia 2019
reviewed by singing in japanese 07/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.