Vintage Kool Keith as Ultramag. An often overlooked classic from 88, Critical Beatdown, although a 80s emcee tour force, has come to be known more for its ahead of its time production. The drum sampling is so raw, sounding a bit like Criminal Minded, but with much more advanced patterns. Just check out the tracks: "Ease Back," "Ego Trippin," and "Give the Drummer Some." Once you get marvelling at the '88 sound, you'll snap your neck to a young Keith fast rapping in Gucci suits. Gotta love the cover.
- 180g yellow colored double vinyl pressing
- expanded edition w/ 6 bonus tracks
- 1st time on vinyl since 1997; 1st time on double vinyl
- includes limited edition print + full color foldout insert w/ extensive liner notes + interviews
- individually stamped + numbered
- limited edition of 2000
- music label: Music On Vinyl 2021
reviewed by the mgmnt 08/2005
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.