Vampire Weekend return with 18 songs after six long years. Rostam is no longer a full-time member, and Erza moved to the left coast, but this change of personnel and perspective has led to new clarity in the group’s songwriting. With tunes more sprawling, varied, and emotionally deeper than previous efforts, Mr. Koenig considers Father Of The Bride to be more in line with the narrative cohesion of Springsteen’s The River than the stoned eclecticism of The White Album. Danielle Haim features on several tracks, contributing a charming duet to to the jittery country vibes of “Married In A Gold Rush” and drawling backing vocals to “We Belong Together”. The Internet’s Steve Lacy features on the bite-size psychedelia of “Sunflower” and contributes production to the kaleidoscopic album highlight “Flower Moon”. “Harmony Hall” is classic Vampy Weeks, chirpy upfront guitar and Americana-indebted piano. Available on black double vinyl in an embossed gatefold jacket, also includes a 24x26 poster.
- 4th studio album produced by Ezra Koenig + Ariel Rechtschaid
- includes collaborations with Jenny Lewis, Daniel Longstreth (Dirty Projectors), Steve Lacy (The Internet), Haim, DJ Dahi + founding member Rostam Batmangliij
- black double vinyl pressing
- housed in embossed gatefold jacket
- includes 24"x 36" foldout poster
- music label: Columbia 2019
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.