- industry standard entry-level audiophile cartridge factory pre-mounted on SH-4 headshell
- designed to work optimally with a wide range of turntable setups
- Elliptical diamond tipped stylus
- fits most turntables
"The well-rounded 2M Red is our bestselling listening cartridge in its price range. An excellent choice for your first foray into audiophile cartridges; plus the ability to upgrade to the 2M Blue stylus later." - TTL
- output voltage: 5.5mV
- frequency response: 20 ~ 20Hz +3/-1dB
- tracking force range: 1.6 ~ 2.0g
- tracking force recommended: 1.8g
- tracking angle: 20 degrees
- weight: 16.6 - 17g
- replacement stylus: Orotofon 2M Red Stylus
- Headshell with pre-mounted cartridge
- 1x Stylus Brush
- 1x Screwdriver
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will this work on a Denon DP-300F?
This Cartridge + Headshell will not work properly with the Denon DP-300F without adjusting the cartridge mount. This kit is made for S-shaped tonearms, the DP-300F is a straight tonearm. Your best option would be to purchase just the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge and then mount it to the Denon headshell.
Does this mounted cartridge need to be aligned or is it ready to simply plug and play?
The mounted cartridge is factory aligned and is simply plug and play. You're only requirement is to re-balance the tonearm.
What is the weight of just the headshell?
The weight of the headshell is 9.4 grams
Will this work as a replacement cartridge on a Technics SL 1600 turntable?
Yes, the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell will work with a Technics SL 1600 turntable.
Will this setup (cartridge and shell) require the additional SL1200 Sub Weight for counter balance? Thanks!
No, the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell will not require you to use a sub weight for a Technic 1200.
Will it work with Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB turntable?
Yes, the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell will work with the Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB turntable.