- industry standard entry level audiophile cartridge pre-mounted on SH-4 headshell
- moving magnet design
- designed to work optimally with a wide range of turntable setups
- tipped Elliptical diamond stylus and split pole pins with a copper wire
- fits most turntables
"The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Our philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound."
The Ortofon 2M Red is our bestselling listening cartridge in its price range. The 2M's strength is its well-roundedness, both in output and design. Sound-wise, the 2M Red features well-balanced, audiophile-quality sound output. The split pole pin design results in clean, clear sound and less sound colorization. The unique exterior design is both visually pleasing and functional with a size and weight that will work with most turntables. This version is pre-mounted on a sleek metallic red SH-4 headshell. Recommended.
- output voltage: 5.5mV
- frequency response: 20 ~ 20Hz +3/-1dB
- tracking force range: 1.6 ~ 2.0g
- tracking force recommended: 1.8g
- tracking angle: 20 degrees
- weight: 7.2g
- replacement stylus: Orotofon 2M Red Stylus
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will this work as a replacement cartridge on a Technics SL 1600 turntable?
Yes, the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell will work with a Technics SL 1600 turntable.