- industry standard entry-level audiophile cartridge factory pre-mounted on SH-4 headshell
- designed to work optimally with a wide range of turntable setups
- Elliptical diamond tipped stylus
- fits most turntables
"The well-rounded 2M Red is our bestselling listening cartridge in its price range. An excellent choice for your first foray into audiophile cartridges; plus the ability to upgrade to the 2M Blue stylus later." - TTL
- output voltage: 5.5mV
- frequency response: 20 ~ 20Hz +3/-1dB
- tracking force range: 1.6 ~ 2.0g
- tracking force recommended: 1.8g
- tracking angle: 20 degrees
- weight: 16.6 - 17g
- replacement stylus: Orotofon 2M Red Stylus
- Headshell with pre-mounted cartridge
- 1x Stylus Brush
- 1x Screwdriver
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will this work on a Denon DP-300F?
This Cartridge + Headshell will not work properly with the Denon DP-300F without adjusting the cartridge mount. This kit is made for S-shaped tonearms, the DP-300F is a straight tonearm. Your best option would be to purchase just the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge and then mount it to the Denon headshell.
Will this work as a replacement cartridge on a Technics SL 1600 turntable?
Yes, the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell will work with a Technics SL 1600 turntable.
Will this setup (cartridge and shell) require the additional SL1200 Sub Weight for counter balance? Thanks!
No, the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell will not require you to use a sub weight for a Technic 1200.
Will it work with Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB turntable?
Yes, the Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell will work with the Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB turntable.