- affordable high end audiophile turntable
- updated version of Rega's classic Planar 2 originally introduced in 1976
- new RB220 tonearm
- optiwhite glass platter
- high gloss acrylic finish
- redesigned main bearing housing
- 24V motor with new motor control PCB
- redesigned feet for improved vibration control
- includes the pre-mounted Carbon MM cartridge
- dustcover included
"First introduced in 1976, the Planar 2 has always been Rega's starting foray into affordable high end. With many shared features and technologies from its more expensive Planar 3 brother, the "2" is an amazing value at less than $700. The new glossy plinth and sparkling Optiwhite platter form a beautiful body, while the new tonearm, improved bearings, motor and feet deliver the performance goods under the hood." - Rega
- Rega: Fono Mini A2D V2 Phono Preamp
- Audioquest: Evergreen RCA to RCA (1m / 39.4")
- this add-on kit allows you to connect your Planar to any RCA AUX input
- dimensions: 17.6" x 14.2" x 4.6" / 447mm x 360mm x 117mm
- weight: 12.1 lbs / 5.5kg
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I assume it plays at 33 1/3 and 45; where is the button for rpm selection? Also, is it direct drive or belt driven?
Yes, the Rega: Planar 2 Turntable plays at 33 1/3 and 45. According to the manual:
"You can change playing speed by simply removing the glass platter and moving the drive belt between either the 33 ⅓rpm or 45rpm wheels of the drive pulley as shown."
This turntable is belt driven.