Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late March 2020 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
Kiki’s Delivery Service is a 1989 film written, produced, and directed by Hayao Miyazaki. It was Miyazaki’s directorial debut, and this image album is an artifact of his hands-on approach to storytelling. Miyazaki prompted frequent collaborator and composer Joe Hisaishi to create a prospective score based on early sketches and concept artwork for the film, helping the animators and background artists relate to the intended setting of Mediterranean Europe. Themes from this album recur in the final soundtrack, making this a unique documentation of the early stages of this collaborative creative process. This is the first release of this music on LP format, and the jacket features new illustrations in a classic 80’s anime magazine style. The audio has been freshly remastered and sounds far superior to the flat-sounding bootleg CDs that proliferated in the last couple decades. Recommended.
- black vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- 1st time on vinyl
- newly remastered sound
- jacket features new artwork, also includes obi strip
- limited edition
- also available: Joe Hisaishi: Porco Rosso Soundtrack Image Album Vinyl LP, Joe Hisaishi: Porco Rosso Soundtrack Vinyl LP, Joe Hisaishi: Kiki's Delivery Service Soundtrack Vinyl LP
- music label: Studio Ghibli Records
- release date: 3/30/20
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.