Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late March 2020 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
Kiki’s Delivery Service is a 1989 animated film written, produced, and directed by Hayao Miyazaki. An adaptation of a 1985 novel, the film tells the story of a young witch who moves to a new town and uses her ability to start a pre-internet version of Seamless (well, pretty much). It was the first Studio Ghibli film to be released officially in the United States (a later version featured the voice talents of Kirsten Dunst and Phil Hartman), introducing a new audience to Miyazaki’s thoughtful, potent storytelling and anime in general. The music was composed by frequent Ghibli collaborator Joe Hisaishi - charming, nostalgic, and memorable as always. Includes two vocal tracks, “Rouge no Dengon” and “Wrapped In Kindness”, both featuring singer, composer, and pianist Yumi Arai (aka Yumi Matsutoya). This LP includes all musical cues heard in the original Japanese version of the film. (Some dubbed versions added additional, but ill-fitting, music.) This is the first release of this soundtrack on LP format, and features remastered audio and newly designed artwork.
- black vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- 1st time on vinyl
- jacket features new artwork, also includes obi strip
- newly remastered sound
- limited edition
- also available: Joe Hisaishi: Porco Rosso Soundtrack Image Album Vinyl LP, Joe Hisaishi: Porco Rosso Soundtrack Vinyl LP, Joe Hisaishi: Kiki's Delivery Service Soundtrack Image Album Vinyl LP
- music label: Studio Ghibli Records
- release date: 3/30/20
reviewed by: KURONEKOSAMA
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.